Swept Through Greece 8 Days 7 Nights with 3 Day Iconic Aegean Sea Cruise
Day 1 – Wednesday – Arrival in Athens
Arrive at Athens Airport where you will be met and transferred to your hotel. The rest of the day is yours, free to explore. There is so much to see and do in Athens with its many museums, parks and the shopping areas of Kolonaki, Hermou, Voukourestiou Street, Monastiraki and Plaka.
Overnight in Athens
DAY 2 Thursday – Athens Sightseeing
You will be picked up from your hotel after breakfast for your half day morning tour. Highlights will include Syntagma Square, the House of Parliament, the Memorial to the Unknown Soldier, the Athens Academy, the University, the National Library and Hadrian’s Arch. Pass by the Temple of Olympian Zeus and visit the Panathenaic Stadium where the first Olympic Games of the modern era were held in 1896. We then visit the Acropolis where you will see architectural masterpieces such as the Propylaea, the Temple of Athena Nike, the Erechtheion and finally, the Parthenon. We finish the tour with a visit to the Museum of the Acropolis. Drop back to your hotel or the city centre, with the remainder of the day yours, free to explore.
Overnight Athens (B)
Day 3 – Athens – Piraeus – Embarkation 3 Day Iconic Aegean Sea Cruise
After breakfast, transfer to the Athens port of Piraeus and embark on your 3 days Iconic Aegean sea Cruise. Stop at the island of Mykonos where you will have free time to explore. Check out the famous windmills, wander the labyrinth of narrow alleys or bargain in the shops. This evening, enjoy the on board entertainment or try your luck in the ship’s casino.
Overnight on board (B, L, D)
Day 4 – Saturday – Kusadasi (Turkey) – Patmos
Today you can choose to explore Kusadasi at leisure or take an optional tour to visit to the iconic site of Ephesus and the House of Virgin Mary. We then cruise to Pathmos, the island where St John wrote the Revelation, and known as Jerusalem of the Aegean. You can explore Patmos at leisure, or take an optional tour to visit the Monastery and Grotto of St John. Tonight, enjoy the live on board entertainment or try your luck in the casino.
Overnight on board (B, L, D)
Day 5 – Crete (Heraklion) – Santorini – Disembarkation
This morning we dock at Heraklion, the capital of Crete. At leisure or take an optional tour to visit the fantastic ruins of the Palace of Knossos, believed to be the mythical Labyrinth of King Minos (Minotaur legend) and the seat of the Minoan civiliation. At leisure on the amazing island of Santorini which was formed by the eruption of the volcano 1600 BC. The sight is the most breathtaking of all Greek islands. In the evening, enjoy the live on board entertainment or try your luck in the casino.
Overnight on board (B, L, D)
Day 6 – Monday – Athens Cruise Arrival – 2 Days Delphi – Meteora Tour
After breakfast on board, disembark in time to be met at the port of Piraeus and transfer to the tour terminal for your 2 day Delphi – Meteora tour. We will set off for Delphi via Thebes, Levadia and the picturesque village of Arachova, on the slopes of Mount Parnassus. On arrival in Delphi you will visit the archaeological site, with highlights including the ruins of the Sanctuary of Apollo and Pythios, the Treasury of the Athenians. In the afternoon leave Delphi for an interesting trip through Central Greece to Kalambaka (Meteora). Dinner in the hotel.
Overnight in Kalambaka (Meteora) hotel (B, D)
Day 7 – Tuesday – Meteora Tour: Kalambaka (Meteora)- Athens
After breakfast, visit Meteora with its impressive scenery, ageless monasteries, suspended between earth and sky. Inside, see priceless historical and religious treasures. Return to Athens via Trikala, Lamia, Thermopylae, and drop off at the hotel.
Overnight in Athens (B)
Day 8 – Wednesday – Departure
Breakfast in the hotel. Transfer to the airport included or, extend your stay in Greece.
* Passport holders, who require a visa to enter Greece, must hold a valid MULTI ENTRY SCHENGEN VISA in order to take the cruise.
* Please note the terms and conditions and the days and timing that tours operate. The sequence of the cruise itinerary cannot be changed.
- 3 Nights BB Hotel Accommodation in Athens Including Breakfast, Taxes and Service Charges.
- 4 Days/3 Nights FB Iconic Aegean Sea Cruise (FRI. to MON.) Including Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Afternoon Tea, Coffee, Cookies and Midnight Snacks. (First Meal: Lunch, Last Meal: Breakfast).
- Port Taxes for the Cruise.
- Tipping to Cruise Staff.
- 1 Night HB Hotel Accommodation in 4* Hotel in Kalambaka (Meteora) (Divani Meteora www.divanis.com/meteora/ or Amalia www.amaliahotelkalambaka.gr/en) Including Breakfast, Dinner, Taxes and Service Charges.
- Athens Sightseeing & 2 Days/1 Night Half Board in 4* Hotel Delphi – Kalambaka (Meteora) Tour by Regular Organised Seat In Coach Tours with English Speaking Guide and Entrance Fees Included.
- Athens Transfers: Airport – Hotel – Port – Hotel – Airport Transfers by Private Contracted A/C Modern Mercedes-Benz Limousine Taxi.
- Optional Shore Excursions on the Cruise.
- Fuel Supplement.
Celestyal Cruises reserves the right to impose fuel surcharge as follows:
€3 pppd should the price of ICE Brent exceed US$115,
€6 pppd should the price of ICE Brent exceed US$130
Should Fuel Supplement be imposed, Celestyal Cruises will inform the trade in writing, giving to the travel partners 7 working days period (from the day of the FS announcement), to communicate names of passengers booked on the various cruise departures. Name changes will not be allowed.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.