Istanbul Cappadocia 6 Day Tour
Explore two of Turkey’s gems – Istanbul and Cappadocia in this 6 day program in which you will see iconic landmarks such as the Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace and the Hagia Sophia, and the surreal lunar-like landscape of Cappadocia with its fairy chimneys and incredible rock formations.
Day 1- Istanbul
You will be met on arrival at Istanbul Ataturk Airport and transferred to your hotel. Early check-in subject to availability, but we will do our best.
You will fall in love with this vibrant city with its mass of colours and incredible architecture. You will be amazed by its beauty as well as its history and nightlife, with many shops, cafés, bars, nightclubs open till late night. This afternoon you will be free to have a rest after your long flight. Lunch and dinner excluded.
Day 2 – Istanbul Old City
Pick-up from your hotel at approximately 8.00am for your full-day city tour which includes:
- The Hippodrome – once the scene of ancient chariot races, and with its four monuments: the German Fountain of Wilhelm II, the Obelisk of Thedosius, the bronze Serpentine Column and the Column of Constantine.
- Sultanahmet Imperial Mosque – across from the St. Sophia, and built in the 17th century by the architect Mehmet, and is known as the Blue Mosque because of its magnificent interior, which is decorated with thousands of blue Iznik tiles.
- St. Sophia (Hagia Sophia) – built by Constantine the Great in the 4th Century and reconstructed by Justinian in the 6th century, this ancient basilica is one of the greatest architectural marvels of all time.
- Grand Bazaar (covered market) In this labyrinth of streets and passages are more than 4000 shops organized into different trade areas – the goldsmiths’ street, the carpet sellers, Turkish arts and crafts, such as hand-painted ceramic plates, copperware, brassware and trays, water ewers, onyxware, meerschaum pipes and more.
- Lunch will be served at a local restaurant (Drinks are extra).
- Little Hagia Sophia Mosque – a former orthodox church, which was converted to a mosque around 1506. Built by Byzantine Emperor Justinian, its early domed-basilica is similar in style to that of the famous Hagia Sophia. Dating back to the 6th Century, it is one of the oldest churches in Istanbul.
- Topkapi Palace – the great palace of the Ottoman sultans from the 15th to the 19th centuries. Today it houses an exquisite collection of precious gems, jewellery, thrones of sultans, robes worn by the sultans and their families; miniatures, the Holy Mantle and the Chamber of Sacred Relics which is a collection of religious items gifted to the Ottoman Sultans, including some items associated with Muhammed. (Note: the Harem is not included in the pr ogram, and a visit to the Harem is subject to an additional entrance fee).
After finishing the tour, return to the hotel.
Day 3 – Istanbul Bosphorous and Two Continents Tour
Pick up from your hotel. We start the tour with a drive along the old city walls which have only been breached twice – the first breach was during the Fourth Crusade in 1204, and the second by the cannons and troops of Sultan Mehmet the Conqueror in 1453.
We then continue our drive along the Golden Horn, a natural and secure harbor which divides the European shore of Istanbul into two and has played an important role in the development and protection of Istanbul. Approximately 8km long, the widest part is the entrance from the Bosphorus.
Spice Bazaar (Egyptian Bazaar) – where the air is filled with the enticing aromas of every conceivable herb and spice, including cinnamon, caraway, saffron, mint and thyme.
Boat Trip on the Bosphorus – we finish our day with a relaxing cruise along the Bosphorus between the two continents of Europe and Asia, passing Dolmabahçe and Beylerbeyi Palaces, wooden villas and mansions, going up to the Rumeli Fortress (viewed from the sea – no interior visit) which was critical to the conquer of Istanbul by Ottoman Sultan Mehmet II in 1453.
Lunch will be served at a local restaurant. (Drinks are extra)
Turkey is one of the world’s top countries for leather production, and so, after lunch we will watch a fashion show at an outlet centre which manufactures and sells a range of leather products, including jackets and handbags. It’s lots of fun, and a good opportunity to have a look at reasonably priced, high quality leather goods.
While we are on the Asian side of Istanbul we also visit Beylerbeyi Palace – former summer residence of the Ottoman Sultans with its original furniture and magnificent gardens, including the Harem.
We will also drive up Çamlıca Hill, one of the highest points in Istanbul. At the top, you can rest and admire the magnificent panorama of Istanbul and the Bosphorus from the beautiful traditionally-landscaped gardens, as you sip your drinks in a cafeteria.
We then drive across the famous Bosphorus Bridge, giving you a unique chance to cross from one continent (Asia) to another (Europe).
After finishing the tour, return to the hotel and overnight Istanbul. (B,L)
Day 4 – Istanbul – Cappadocia
After an early breakfast, transfer to the airport to take a flight to Cappadocia, known for its incredible, lunar-like landscape.
Upon arrival, transfer to the hotel. The rest of day is free.
Overnight in Cappadocia. (B,D)
Day 5 – Cappadocia
After breakfast we will visit Devrent Valley to see the unique fairy-chimneys. Drive to Paşabağ (Monk’s Valley) to see the most interesting mushroom-shaped pinnacles. Drive to the town of Avanos.
In the afternoon, we will visit another beautiful open air museum at Göreme where you will see the remains of rock-cut churches and traces of early Christian settlements dating back hundreds of years.
Finally, before returning to the hotel, we will visit the natural castles at Uçhisar.
Dinner and overnight at the hotel in Cappadocia. (B,L,D)
Day 6 Cappadocia – Istanbul
Transfer to the airport for you flight back to Istanbul. Services conclude on arrival at Istanbul airport. (B)
- 3 nights accommodation in Istanbul on BB basis
- 2 nights accommodation in Cappadocia on HB basis
- 5 breakfasts, 3 local lunches, 2 local dinners
- Inbound and Outbound Airport Transfers
- Professional English-speaking tour guide during the tours
- Transportation in a fully air-conditioned, non-smoking vehicle
- Entrance fees for the museums and sites
Istanbul Momento Hotel
Cappadocia Alfina Cave Hotel
- ** Price excludes Flight Tickets
- Indian dinner in Istanbul available for USD 20 per person (excluding drinks and transportation).
Per person in a double or twin room: $565
Single Supplement: $250
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.