Istanbul Antalya Cappadocia 9 Day Tour
You’ll experience the perfect blend of history, culture, and natural beauty in this 8 day program which covers off iconic landmarks such as the Blue Mosque, Topkapi Palace and the Hagia Sophia, the surreal lunar-like landscape of Cappadocia with its fairy chimneys and incredible rock formations and the amazing ruins of Ephesus.
Day 1- Istanbul
You will be met on arrival at Istanbul Ataturk Airport and transferred to your hotel. Early check-in subject to availability, but we will do our best.
You will fall in love with this vibrant city with its mass of colours and incredible architecture. You will be amazed by its beauty as well as its history and nightlife, with many shops, cafés, bars, nightclubs open till late night. This afternoon you will be free to have a rest after your long flight. Lunch and dinner excluded.
Day 2 – Istanbul Old City
Pick-up from your hotel at approximately 8.00am for your full-day city tour which includes:
- The Hippodrome – once the scene of ancient chariot races, and with its four monuments: the German Fountain of Wilhelm II, the Obelisk of Thedosius, the bronze Serpentine Column and the Column of Constantine.
- Sultanahmet Imperial Mosque – across from the St. Sophia, and built in the 17th century by the architect Mehmet, and is known as the Blue Mosque because of its magnificent interior, which is decorated with thousands of blue Iznik tiles.
- St. Sophia (Hagia Sophia) – built by Constantine the Great in the 4th Century and reconstructed by Justinian in the 6th century, this ancient basilica is one of the greatest architectural marvels of all time.
- Grand Bazaar (covered market) In this labyrinth of streets and passages are more than 4000 shops organized into different trade areas – the goldsmiths’ street, the carpet sellers, Turkish arts and crafts, such as hand-painted ceramic plates, copperware, brassware and trays, water ewers, onyxware, meerschaum pipes and more.
- Lunch will be served at a local restaurant (Drinks are extra).
- Little Hagia Sophia Mosque – a former orthodox church, which was converted to a mosque around 1506. Built by Byzantine Emperor Justinian, its early domed-basilica is similar in style to that of the famous Hagia Sophia. Dating back to the 6th Century, it is one of the oldest churches in Istanbul.
- Topkapi Palace – the great palace of the Ottoman sultans from the 15th to the 19th centuries. Today it houses an exquisite collection of precious gems, jewellery, thrones of sultans, robes worn by the sultans and their families; miniatures, the Holy Mantle and the Chamber of Sacred Relics which is a collection of religious items gifted to the Ottoman Sultans, including some items associated with Muhammed. (Note: the Harem is not included in the program, and a visit to the Harem is subject to an additional entrance fee).
After finishing the tour, return to the hotel.
Day 3 – Istanbul – Cappadocia
Pick up from your hotel. We start the tour with a drive along the old city walls which have only been breached twice – the first breach was during the Fourth Crusade in 1204, and the second by the cannons and troops of Sultan Mehmet the Conqueror in 1453.
We then continue our drive along the Golden Horn, a natural and secure harbor which divides the European shore of Istanbul into two and has played an important role in the development and protection of Istanbul. Approximately 8km long, the widest part is the entrance from the Bosphorus.
Spice Bazaar (Egyptian Bazaar) – where the air is filled with the enticing aromas of every conceivable herb and spice, including cinnamon, caraway, saffron, mint and thyme.
Boat Trip on the Bosphorus – we finish our day with a relaxing cruise along the Bosphorus between the two continents of Europe and Asia, passing Dolmabahçe and Beylerbeyi Palaces, wooden villas and mansions, going up to the Rumeli Fortress (viewed from the sea – no interior visit) which was critical to the conquer of Istanbul by Ottoman Sultan Mehmet II in 1453.
Lunch will be served at a local restaurant. (Drinks are extra)
Turkey is one of the world’s top countries for leather production, and so, after lunch we will watch a fashion show at an outlet centre which manufactures and sells a range of leather products, including jackets and handbags. It’s lots of fun, and a good opportunity to have a look at reasonably priced, high quality leather goods.
While we are on the Asian side of Istanbul we also visit Beylerbeyi Palace – former summer residence of the Ottoman Sultans with its original furniture and magnificent gardens, including the Harem.
We will also drive up Çamlıca Hill, one of the highest points in Istanbul. At the top, you can rest and admire the magnificent panorama of Istanbul and the Bosphorus from the beautiful traditionally-landscaped gardens, as you sip your drinks in a cafeteria.
We then drive across the famous Bosphorus Bridge, giving you a unique chance to cross from one continent (Asia) to another (Europe).
After finishing the tour, return to the hotel and overnight Istanbul. (B,L)
Day 4 – Istanbul – Antalya
After breakfast, you will be transferred to the airport for your flight to Antalya. Upon arrival, transfer to the hotel. The remainder of the day is free for you to explore.
Overnight Antalya. (B,D)
Day 5 – Duden Kursunlu Waterfall Tour
Antalya’s lush green countryside is home to some beautiful waterfalls which we visit on this tour:
Duden Waterfall: An interesting river reflecting the characteristics of the underground rivers of the region. The river surfaces after 9 km underground, creating 2 waterfalls, one inland and one right on the coast. The shade and cool, moist are a great way to beat the summer heat.
Kursunlu waterfall: A waterfall where you can step into the coolness of the clear waters cascading off a cliff into a small lake full of fish and geese. The walking route around the fall, under entwined plants and ivy is a lovely way to explore this site.
Overnight Antalya. (B,L,D)
Day 6 – Antalya – Cappadocia
After breakfast, you will be transferred to Antalya airport for your flight to Kayseri.
Upon arrival to Kayseri airport, you will be transferred to your hotel in Cappadocia. The remainder of the day is yours to explore.
Overnight Cappadocia. (B,D)
Day 7 – Goreme Museum & Fairy Chimneys Tours
breakfast we will visit Devrent Valley to see the unique fairy-chimneys. Drive to Paşabağ (Monk’s Valley) to see the most interesting mushroom-shaped pinnacles. Drive to the town of Avanos.
In the afternoon, we will visit another beautiful open air museum at Göreme where you will see the remains of rock-cut churches and traces of early Christian settlements dating back hundreds of years.
Finally, before returning to the hotel, we will visit the natural castles at Uçhisar.
Dinner and overnight at the hotel in Cappadocia. (B,L,D)
Day 8 – Rose Valley & Kaymakli Underground City Depart from your hotel to visit Rose Valley, named for its rose-coloured hues. Here you will explore the famous rock- cut churches and hike 5 km through the Gulludere valley. Next stop is Cavusin village, famous for its houses of early Christian clergymen.
After lunch, drive to Pigeon Valley, home to some of the most beautiful rock formations in the area. In the afternoon you will visit Kaymakli Underground City, built by early Christians fleeing from persecution. You will be impressed by the facilities here, which include rooms for sleeping, cellars, storage areas and stables.
Dinner and overnight at the hotel in Cappadocia. (B,L,D)
Day 9 – Cappadocia – Istanbul
After breakfast, you will be transferred to Kayseri airport for your flight back to Istanbul. Your tour concludes on arrival in Istanbul. (B)
- 3 nights accommodation in Istanbul on BB basis
- 2 nights accommodation in Antalya on HB basis
- 3 nights accommodation in Cappadocia on HB basis
- 8 breakfasts, 5 local lunches, 5 local dinners
- Inbound and Outbound Airport Transfers
- Professional English-speaking tour guide during the tours
- Transportation in a fully air-conditioned, non-smoking coach
- Entrance fees for the museums and sites
Istanbul Momento Hotel
Antalya BW Khan Hotel
Cappadocia Alfina Cave Hotel Or similar
Per person in double room $917
Single supplement US$445
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.