Day 1 – Istanbul
Your Turkey tour begins on arrival at Istanbul Ataturk Airport, where you will be met by one of our team and transferred to your hotel. Early check-in subject to availability, but we will do our best.
You will fall in love with this vibrant city with its mass of colours and incredible architecture. You will be amazed by its beauty as well as its history and nightlife, with many shops, cafés, bars, nightclubs open till late night. This afternoon you will be free to have a rest after your long flight. Lunch and dinner excluded.
Day 2 – Istanbul Old City
Pick-up from your hotel at approximately 8.00am for your full-day city tour which includes:
- The Hippodrome – once the scene of ancient chariot races, and with its four monuments: the German Fountain of Wilhelm II, the Obelisk of Thedosius, the bronze Serpentine Column and the Column of Constantine.
- Sultanahmet Imperial Mosque – across from the St. Sophia, and built in the 17th century by the architect Mehmet, and is known as the Blue Mosque because of its magnificent interior, which is decorated with thousands of blue Iznik tiles.
- St. Sophia (Hagia Sophia) – built by Constantine the Great in the 4th Century and reconstructed by Justinian in the 6th century, this ancient basilica is one of the greatest architectural marvels of all time.
- Grand Bazaar (covered market) In this labyrinth of streets and passages are more than 4000 shops organized into different trade areas – the goldsmiths’ street, the carpet sellers, Turkish arts and crafts, such as hand-painted ceramic plates, copperware, brassware and trays, water ewers, onyxware, meerschaum pipes and more.
- Lunch will be served at a local restaurant (Drinks are extra).
- Little Hagia Sophia Mosque – a former orthodox church, which was converted to a mosque around 1506. Built by Byzantine Emperor Justinian, its early domed-basilica is similar in style to that of the famous Hagia Sophia. Dating back to the 6th Century, it is one of the oldest churches in Istanbul.
- Topkapi Palace – the great palace of the Ottoman sultans from the 15th to the 19th centuries. Today it houses an exquisite collection of precious gems, jewellery, thrones of sultans, robes worn by the sultans and their families; miniatures, the Holy Mantle and the Chamber of Sacred Relics which is a collection of religious items gifted to the Ottoman Sultans, including some items associated with Muhammed. (Note: the Harem is not included in the program, and a visit to the Harem is subject to an additional entrance fee).
At the conclusion of the tour, return to the hotel.
Overnight Istanbul. (B,L)
Day 3 – Istanbul – Ankara – Cappadocia
After an early breakfast, you will transfer to the airport for your flight to Ankara.
Tour starts from the airport. In Ankara you will visit the Hittite Museum and the Mausoleum of Atatürk. After lunch drive to Cappadocia, dinner & overnight (B,L,D).
Day 4 – Cappadocia
Breakfast at the hotel, then this morning we visit Kaymaklı Underground City, built by early Christians fleeing from persecution. You will be impressed by the extent of the facilities here, which include rooms for sleeping, cellars, storage areas and stables. We will also visit the Citadel of Uçhisar. After lunch continue with the valley of “Göreme” & Göreme Open Air Museum. We finish the day with a visit to Paşabağ Valley (Monk’s Valley) and the town of Avanos. Return to hotel for dinner & overnight (B,L,D).
Day 5 – Cappadocia – Konya – Pamukkale
Early departure for Konya, stopping on the way visit Sultanhan Kervansary. Built in the 13th Century by the Seljuks, this impressive building will give you a glimpse into life of traders on the Old Silk Road. Your next stop will be Konya which is famous for its Mevlana Museum and its Whirling Dervishes from the Mevlana Order of Sufism. We continue our drive to Pamukkale, stopping for lunch on the way. Overnight Pamukkale (B,L,D,)
Day 6 – Pamukkale – Kusadasi
After breakfast we visit the ancient Roman spa town of Hierapolis. As you walk through this peaceful site, you will see the ruins of the biggest Necropolis (graveyard) of the ancient world, Roman Baths, Basilica and more. You will also see Pamukkale’s famous white calcium terraces. We then drive to the remarkably well-preserved Greco-Roman settlement of Aphrodisias, dedicated to Aphrodite, the Goddess of Love. We then drive to Kuşadası, located on the Aegean Coast.
Dinner and overnight (B,L,D).
Day 7 – Kusadasi
After breakfast at the hotel, we drive to Meryemana, the House of the Virgin Mary, and the place it is believed she spent her last days. Continue to Ephesus, the Roman Capital of Asia Minor and one of the most impressive ruins sites in the World. Here you will see the Odeon, Hercules Gate, the temple of Hadrian, the magnificent Celsus Library, the Agora and the incredible Greco-Roman theatre. After lunch you will visit the Basilica of St. John, built on top of what is believed to be his burial site. Return to Kusadası. Free afternoon.
Overnight Kusadasi (B,L,D)
Day 8 – Kusadasi – Canakkale
Early departure for the ancient Greek city of Pergamum. After lunch, visit the Asklepion and continue to Troy, made famous in Homer’s epic poem the Iliad. We then drive to Çanakkale, dinner and overnight (B,L,D)
Day 9 – Canakkale – Istanbul
After breakfast cross the Dardanelles Srait by ferry and drive to İstanbul along the shores of the Marmara Sea.
Overnight in Istanbul. (B,L)
Day 10 – Istanbul
After breakfast your Turkey tour concludes. Check out of the hotel and transfer to the airport for your departure flight.
(B – Breakfast, L – Lunch, D – Dinner)
- 3 nights accommodation at Momento Hotel or similar in Istanbul on BB basis
- 2 nights accommodation at Perissia Hotel or similar in Cappadocia on HB basis
- 1 night accommodation at Lycus River Hotel or similar in Pamukkale on HB basis
- 2 nights accommodation at Royal Palace Hotel or Faustina Hotel or similar in Kusadasi on HB basis
- 1 night accommodation at Akol Hotel or similar in Canakkale on HB basis
- Inbound and outbound airport transfers
- 9 breakfasts, 8 local lunches, 6 local dinners
- English speaking guide throughout the program
- Air conditioned, non-smoking comfortable vehicles
- Entrance fees for museums and sites listed in this itinerary
- Domestic flights
Cost (USD) per person:
$931 per person – twin share / double
Single supplement: $315 per person
Price based on a twin share, seat in coach basis
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.